Argentine Tango Classes Toronto | Tango Dance Lessons. Best Tango Dance Lessons in Toronto, BREAKDOWN OF BASIC STEP, Tango LEADER and Tango Dance FOLLOWER. A signature step of the Argentine Tango. sequence of 8 steps is commonly taught.
Argentine Tango Classes Toronto | Tango Dance Lessons
More Related Topics:
- Argentine Tango Dance School Toronto | Tango Dance Lessons Explains Part 3
- Argentine Tango Dance School Toronto Explains Lessons Part 1
- Argentine Tango Toronto Technique Lessons | LATIN ENERGY Dance Company
- Argentine Tango Toronto Lessons Toronto Style Technique Classes World Champ
- Toronto Argentine Tango Dance School | Toronto Tango Dancing Classes
Argentine Tango Classes Toronto -World Champions Dance School
Argentine Dance Lessons School
BREAKDOWN OF BASIC STEP in Argentine Tango Classes Toronto – Tango Dance Lessons
BASIC STEP – THE LEADER
- The leader takes a small step back on count 1 with his right foot. That’s often dangerous unless you are aware of what is behind you! Please look before you stop or start on step 2.
- Step 2 is often described as stepping side, left.
- You can think of it that way; but just realize that you should bring your left foot back to the right foot before stepping side.
Step 3 & 4 is forward and outside of the partner’s right side.This is called Outside-Partner-Right.
- In taking this step you bring your feet together before stepping forward. (This is called collecting your feet.) In the diagram above, this step is labeled “RF side and forward” — a better description could be “Collect RF to LF before stepping forward.”). In taking step, be sure to keep your upper body facing toward partner with your left shoulder slightly forward.
- Next, let’s take a look at steps 5, 6, and 7 for the 8-count basic pattern:
In Step 5, the leader steps forward with his right foot to bring both feet together.
- The follower does something a little different on step 5. She will cross her left foot in front of her right foot, putting weight on the left foot.
- Steps 6 and 7 are the beginning of the what is often called the “resolution” or “tan-go-close.” The leader steps forward on step 6. On step 7, the leader brings his right foot forward near his left foot and then steps side.
- In Step 8, the leader closes his left foot to his right foot, changing weight onto left foot so he is ready to repeat the basic pattern by stepping back with his right foot OR he may drag his LF to RF without changing weight to lean a different step or patter other than the Basic.
When the partners are to the right of each other, they twist slightly at the waist, so that their chests are facing each other. When the leader takes the 5th step of the above sequence, he straightens out his chest, or untwists, which causes his partner to shift to her right. This shift to the follower’s right makes it very natural for her to cross her left foot in front of her right.
Argentine Tango Classes Toronto | Tango Dance Lessons – Toronto Best Tango Dance School in Toronto
- The follower steps with the opposite foot as the leader and steps in the opposite direction.
- That is, when the leader steps back with his right, she steps forward with her left.
- The follower, however, does something more interesting on step 5. She crosses her left foot in front of her right (when led to do that).
- To do that smoothly she needs to adjust her other steps slightly. (I’ll show that in more detail in a later installment of this lesson.) Most teachers recommend that followers put all their weight on the left foot as they cross left over right. (More advanced followers avoid shifting weight directly on step 5 because it gives them more options.
A signature step of the Argentine Tango is the follower’s cross.
- The follower does a cross — that is, steps her left foot in front of her right foot — whenever the leader stays to the right of her for three consecutive steps.
- Another way to get to the same result is to say that the follower crosses on her second back left step, but only when the leader is to her right side.
- The follower does not cross if the leader is directly in front of her or to her left, but only when he is to her right. **
- The above sequence of 8 steps is commonly taught as the Argentine tango basic step.
World Champions Argentine Tango Classes Toronto – Group Dance Lessons
Toronto Dance Shows Booking Request | Argentine Tango Classes Toronto | Tango Dance Lessons
You May Also Like…
Toronto Tango Beginners Lessons | Tango Intermediate Lessons Toronto | Toronto Tangeros Advanced Classes | Specialty Group Dance | Bacha-Tango Style Classes
Toronto Tango Beginners Lessons | Tango Intermediate Toronto Lessons | Toronto Advanced Tango Lessons | Latin Specialty Group Workshop Dance Lessons
Toronto Argentine Tango Dance School | Toronto Tango Dancing Classes
Best Bachata Lesson Toronto | Biggest Bachata Dance Classes | Top Quality Teachers
Toronto Tango Technique Lessons | LATIN ENERGY Dance Company